This is my simplified version of making a paper crane. Enjoy!
1. Find a blank square sheet of paper. If you're working with square origami paper, that's great. If you have an ordinary piece of printer paper, just fold one of the top corners across the paper until it aligns with the bottom edge of the sheet, leaving a long strip of rectangular paper. Cut this paper to make the paper square.
2. Fold the paper in half into a rectangle.
3. Fold the top of the paper down until the top edge aligns with bottom edge of the paper and then crease. Unfold the paper
4. Fold it in half the other way.
5. Fold vertically from right to left.
6. Crease then unfold. You should end up with a cross crease.
7. Fold the top right corner down to the bottom left corner.
8. Crease then unfold.
9. Fold the top left corner down to the bottom right corner.
10. Crease then unfold. You should end up with an asterisk-like crease.
11. Bring the the lower right side of the top flap to the middle line. Crease. Repeat on the lower left side. You'll have a top that resembles a kite.
12. Bring the right corner of the top flap to the middle crease. This will make it so that the lower right edge lines up with the crease.
13. Fold down the top corner to make the crease lie along the horizontal line created by the previous step.
14. Bring the outer edges of the paper to the middle and flatten it. This will create a diamond shape with two flaps sticking out on the right and left sides.
15. Fold the outer edges of the diamond to the middle crease.
16. fold down the larger sides of the crane to create wings.
17. the thinner sides of the crane will need to be folded upwards to create the tail and the head.
18. once both sides have been folded upwards you can now choose a side to be the head and the tail.
19. if you would like to have your crane sitting upwards then you can press down on the centre of its body ever so slightly like so.
20. it is now complete, congratulations :)